Sunday, November 21, 2010

DO Judge a Book by it's Cover!!

I love books. I love to read a great book, but I also love those fabulous "coffee table" books you can find that you don't really care what's inside but the cover is so great you just have to buy it. I love to look at pictures of crammed bookcases with a few knick-knacks thrown in......and wish I had enough books (or even a wall of bookshelves) to arrange my own living book collage.

Here are a few shelves I have found over time that I just love. I love the colors and the feeling I imagine of being surrounded by so many fun books.


I'm loving this comfy chair and all the books in grabs reach! I also love the idea of pairing like color books together.....really sets it off.


This one is a great idea from Real Simple for the option of books AND fun knick-knacks. The article also talks about painting the inside of the bookshelf which I love. It makes all the choices you have made POP.


Now let's move onto those fun books to fill your bookshelf! I prefer different sizes all around and bright, BRIGHT colors.

I love Fred Flare for all kinds of fun things, but they have an amazing collection of conversation starting books. These would be great for the shelves, but if you have a coffee table with room, I would lay these choices out for all to see and flip through.






I also love Anthropologie for book choices. Below are some adorable clothbound children's classics. Wouldn't they look great stacked up with a vase on top?




As you can tell by many of my choices, I love fashion and color. Go for what describes you. Do you love a certain dog or bird....go for books full of pictures of animals. How about historic homes, photography or even a fun hobby? Have fun with it and let your books give a little glimpse into your life. Have fun book shopping.

3 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

I love books too but am always fussing with the way they are style in my home... I hope that one day I'll get the balance right between the books and nicknaks... the images above are great examples!!

November 22, 2010 at 10:42 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I love looking at bookshelves, I am just not so great at styling them! I think though, that my favorite books to look at right now are the Penguin Classic hardcovers: http://us.penguingroup.com/static/pages/classics/hardcoverclassics/index.html
Just awesome!

November 22, 2010 at 11:28 AM  
Blogger christine, just bella said...

I totally judge books by their cover too... obviously by our similar posts! Great minds think alike, right!

November 23, 2010 at 3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home