Friday, January 7, 2011

A Few of my Favorites Friday

So I haven't updated my favorite things in awhile. I know the last one was a skin care product but lately that's what I've been into, make-up and skin care.

In August I officially hit "late twenties." I'm now 27 and I am seriously obsessed with taking care of my skin. I remember back in high school the girls would pile in the car, we would drive 2 hours to Wilmington and sit on the beach for hours with nothing on but Banana Boat SPF 4. I would come home with my face looking like a stop sign but do you think I cared? I knew it would fade in a few days and I would have a super cool tan.....if I could take those days back, I would. Now, I never go on the beach without huge sunglasses, nothing less than SPF 50 on my face and my favorite J. Crew beach hat that will knock anyone out sitting within 5 feet of me. I drink tons and tons of water, I try to do everything I can but I know it's inevitably that one day I will get.......might I even say it.....wrinkles. It honestly terrifies me.



I have recently done quite a bit of research, and like most things I want, all the wrinkle creams and preventative lotions were quite pricey until I came across this little gem in my local grocery store AND is made right in Durham, NC!

I love Burt's Bees products, all of them. The chap stick is wonderful, I won't use any other brand. They have wonderful hand salves that came in quite handy when my husband and I were working on our historic home in 30 degree weather. But those items are for another day, today I want to introduce you to "Burt's Bees Naturally Ageless Intense Repairing Serum," long name for a small bottle but this stuff is amazing.



Granted, I didn't see much results the first few weeks but I have been using it for about 2 months now and my skin is so smooth and I honestly can see results. I don't believe it is just the serum. Like I said, I do drink a lot of water and I try to stay away from foods that will break me out. Combined with a healthy diet and enough sleep I really believe this stuff is amazing!

It set me back a whopping $25, can you believe how cheap it is? I use 3 drops and night at 3 drops in the morning under my make-up along with my daily moisturizer.

Try it, let me know what you think!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home